Frequently Asked Questions
- [New!] What if I don’t want to register online? Can I register at the event itself?
Yes! If an event is NOT sold out, we will have walk-up registration available for those who want to simply arrive and slide. You can purchase slide wristbands at our walk-up registration tent (next to the store and check-in tent). The same ticket options listed on our online event pages will be available for purchase at the event. Be sure to bring cash or cards to pay for the tickets!
Walk-up registration pricing is as follows and is subject to change:
- Single Slide (Day) – $12
- Triple Slide (Day) – $20
- Unlimited Day Slide – $25
- Unlimited Night Slide (if available) – $30
Please note that you can save up to 50% on tickets by registering online in advance! Click here to register for a slide near your city.
- What do I receive with my purchase?
- For your purchase of an Urban Slide ticket, you will receive a wristband which will indicate how many slides you have available to you. Please note that tubes are required to slide and do not come with registration. Please either bring your own or purchase one from our store for $5 online ($8 at the event) while supplies last.
- What should I bring?
Bring an E-ticket OR a confirmation receipt on your phone or on paper along with your ID if you are not a minor. IF you purchased your slide ticket via LivingSocial or Groupon, you must also bring a signed waiver. Paper waivers are not required for those who register through our site, as they are signed digitally during registration. Bring your own inflatable tube to slide on or purchase one from our online store for $5 ($8 at the event store), as they are required to slide. Show up to the event wearing what you will slide down the slide in – there are no changing rooms. Bring some $$ for food, drinks and some cool swag at our store.
- I can’t find my confirmation email. What should I do now?
If you registered for an event and did not get a confirmation email after several minutes, please log on to your account at secure.theurbanslide.com and you should be able to print your E-tickets from there.
- How old do I have to be?
Anyone over the age of 5 years old and over 44” Tall (or 3’8″) are welcome to slide. Sliders who are under the age of 18 must get written approval from your parents or legal guardians. (Basically you need a signed waiver, Click here)
- How tall do I have to be?
You must be at least 44” Tall (or 3 feet 8 inches) to slide.
- Where do I pick up my wristband?On the day of the event you can pick up your wristband at the Check-In Tent. If you purchased a tube or other add-ons when registering online, you pick up your tube and gear at this tent as well. Walk-up registrations are available here, so if you did not register online you can purchase slide wristbands as well as $5 tubes online ($8 at the event) and other cool store items.
- [Updated!] What time does it start/stop?
Each event is different but normally The Urban Slide will run from 10:00pm-6:00PM on Saturday, and 9:00am-5:00pm on Sunday. Most Urban Slide events will also have a night slide held Saturday night from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. You can check the times for your specific city by selecting your city on our locations page. Click here for The Urban Slide locations
- What Time Do We Slide?
You will slide anytime in the time slot you selected while registering, be sure to remember!
- I’m not a big fan of waiting in lines, when should I go to The Urban Slide?
Unfortunately the Urban Slide will be busy throughout both days, however your best bet to wait in the smallest lines would be at the very beginning and the very end. You can expect heavy traffic around 12-3pm, in other words, the middle of the day.
- How much is it?
Pricing is based off of how many times you would like to slide down the slide. (1, 3 or 5) The earlier you purchase your registration, the cheaper it will be*. (Varies per event location and attendees). Online pricing usually starts at around $10.
- Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food, but we will have food available from one of our vendors too. No alcoholic beverages are allowed at the venue. There is also no eating or drinking while simultaneously going down the slide.
- What happens if it rains?
This is a Rain or Shine event! We will host the slide as long as there is no “severe/inclement” weather that may threaten the safety of our participants.
Involvement & Charity
- How do I volunteer?
Simple, click on the involvement tab above and then select Involvement Volunteer! Select your city and that will take you to a registration screen, answer the questions and you will be registered to participate in coolest water slide there is!
When signing up as a volunteer, you can select from one of three shift times typically available:
Setup: 5AM to 10AM (Labor may be required)
Morning session: 11AM to 3 PM
Evening session: 2pm to 6:30 pm
Morning session: 9AM to 1 PM
Evening session: 1pm to 5 pm
Please note that shift times may be different for each event. See the shift options available when registering as a volunteer.
- Do you donate to a charity or good cause?
We sure do. Each Urban Slide donates a portion of proceeds to local charities. Everything from scholarship funds to Special Olympics to city cleanup/beautification projects and everything in-between.
Photos & Spectators
- Can spectators attend the Urban Slide?
Spectators are more than welcome to check out the Urban Slide, our event it open to the public, however you will need to purchase a registration in order to go down our slide.
- Are cameras or phones allowed at the Urban Slide?
Of course! Gotta capture the awesome memories that are made at a gigantic slide! If you take any photos or videos, we encourage you to post them to our Facebook page!
Regulations, Transfers & Refunds
- [New!] What are the BEST techniques to slide as far, fast, and as safely as possible at any Urban Slide event?
- Check out our sliding tips here!
- Can I transfer a ticket to another person or time slot?
If you want to transfer you or a friend’s ticket to a different person and/or you want to switch to a different time slot, you can log on to secure.theurbanslide.com and edit ticket information from there.
From your account page, you can edit the following info on a ticket:
– Date of birth
– Phone #
– Time slot
– Add extra add-ons
*Please note that you cannot switch days nor modify the number of slide credits on a ticket.
- What do I wear?
Wear whatever you’d like, except no jeans or clothing with rivets. Be sure to wear appropriate clothing please! There will be kids at the event too.
- [Updated!] Can I wear my shoes on the slide?
We do not allow tennis shoes on our slide. Pool shoes and sandals, however, are permitted; just be sure to keep your feet up and not drag them while going down the slide, as this will slow you down.
If you want to slide fast and far, we still recommend leaving any footwear off during sliding. You can leave your shoes in your car, place them at the top of the slide, or store them at our free bag check area inside your own bag. We are not responsible for any lost items.
- Is it refundable?
If you purchased Ticket Guardian insurance with your registration, you can file a refund claim at http://www.ticketguardian.net/claims/ or follow the link/call the phone number in the confirmation email you received. Otherwise, the tickets are unfortunately non-refundable.
If alternatively you want to give them to a friend, you can change the name on your ticket by logging on to secure.theurbanslide.com. Be sure to have them sign the waiver when they pick up their wristband.
- Can I share some slide credits from a multi-slide ticket with another person?
Here is a common question, “Can I purchase a triple slider, then have myself and 2 of my friends slide down once?”. The answer to this question is no, and this also applies to unlimited slide tickets. You must have a wristband in order to go down the slide, and the only way to get a wristband is by registering for the Urban Slide either at the event itself or online.
- I like going fast down a slip and slide, can I bring soap to boost my speed?
No you cannot bring your own soap, as we cannot know which soap you use we cannot keep you safe if you coat your tube in it. We will have products to make you go faster so do not bring your own, anyone seen using outside soap will be asked to leave and no refunds would be available.